LINCOLN PARTNERSHIP FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Position: Director of Talent Strategy
Reports to: Vice President-Economic Development
Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development
The Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development (LPED) is a public-private partnership that provides economic development services for the Lincoln, Nebraska metro area. LPED is housed within the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce (LCOC) organizational umbrella along with the Lincoln Young Professionals Group (YPG), Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) and Lincoln Specialty Care (LSC).
Position Summary: Responsible for leading talent attraction, recruitment, engagement and development initiatives for Lincoln, Nebraska in support of the Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development’s economic development strategy and outcomes.
- Coordinate the execution of LPED’s talent strategy to grow, recruit, and retain talent.
- Use knowledge about Lincoln area (including workforce, community amenities, major employers and growth trends) to foster partnerships between businesses, non-profits, educational institutions and government entities as appropriate.
- Maintain close working relationship with local, state and federal agencies, local colleges and universities and local talent organizations.
- Remain knowledgeable about workforce trends and data on local, regional, national and global fronts. Conduct and report research as needed.
- Continue development of Lincoln brand and external marketing initiatives. Collaborate with staff to develop collateral materials and web-based information for talent program and community promotion. Help provide content and insight for digital marketing initiatives.
- Facilitate meetings, including monthly Talent Advisory Group and semimonthly Talent Forum.
- Staff necessary committees of volunteers and professionals to fulfill strategic initiatives.
- Plan, promote and produce talent programing and events that range from 20 to 1,000 attendees.
- Represent LPED on several local workforce committees, providing support and promotion as needed.
- Work as a team player, assisting fellow LPED team members as well as LCOC, CVB, YPG and LSC teams in successfully achieving the goals of the organization.
- Travel both regionally and nationally is required periodically as part of duties.
- Working knowledge of HR, recruiting and trends that will affect a continuously evolving future workforce.
- Marketing experience (especially copywriting, Adobe Creative Suite and social media management) is a plus.
- Familiarity with strategic planning and talent metrics.
- Experience building organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Self-starter, able to work both collaboratively and independently. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Passion for Lincoln and energy to help the region grow.